Data Sales Executive
Data Sales Executive, £23,000 - £27,000 + commission
Permanent - full time
Centre of Oxford
MarineTraffic, the Global Ship Tracking Intelligence service, used by 6 million people monthly, with over 20,000 new registered users per month, is hiring a talented Sales Executive to join our Oxford Sales Team due to significant growth. We have a great product which means we get quality inbound B2B leads from all sorts of industries and sectors worldwide. You’ll be responsible for existing and new business, generated remotely via email or over the phones, but there’s no ‘cold calling’ in this role! You’ll also get hands on with the data that is our lifeblood; creating reports, writing SQL queries, setting up API services and really getting to understand the big data that our customers buy.
You might already be in sales, or you might be someone in an analytical or technical role who’d like to move into a technical sales role. As important as having the relevant experience, you will be curious to learn and develop, interested in our products and how our customers use them, and highly motivated to be successful.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing new and existing business/private accounts through the full sales cycle
- Accurately calculate quotations and update Salesforce CRM
- Managing your own pipeline and account base
- Gathering and reporting business and market intelligence and industry trends
- Participating in review activities in addition to product and service optimization
- Becoming an expert in handling and understanding our big data, web based and software resources
- Travelling 2 - 4 times a year to represent MarineTraffic at industry events and conferences
It’s essential that you:
- Have a successful track record of selling a complex product or proposition by taking a consultative approach – you effectively build rapport, define needs and close because you propose the right solution
- Have strong numeracy and analytical skills, and are comfortably handling and manipulating large data sets
- Have regularly exceeded your targets and enjoy working to your KPIs
- Are strong in English and have great communication skills - written and verbal
- Have an aptitude for prioritising, planning and attention to detail
- Use your initiative and manage your own time to good effect
- Have good IT skills: you are comfortable using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and willing to learn MS SQL if you haven’t used it before
- Collaborative approach to working with others, internally and externally
And it would be even better if you are also:
- Comfortable using Salesforce and related processes
- Experienced in using MS SQL or/and API services
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small and friendly team in a growing, global business. As our business develops our people develop too, which means a wide range of personal and professional opportunities. All this and flexible working hours!
If you are looking for a role that is both challenging and fun, get your career on course by joining a globally recognised industry leader. For further information on the role, please contact Yang on 07398 188 313.