MarineTraffic, the Global Ship Tracking Intelligence service, used by 6 million people monthly, with over 20,000 new registered users per month, is hiring a Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst will focus on business and financial data and will use data visualization and manipulation techniques to uncover insights and help the other teams take data-driven business decisions.
A Business Analyst may be involved in several stages of the data lifecycle. The following is an indicative list:
- Integration of new data sources
- Extraction and mining of significant amounts of data
- Requirements Analysis, Design and Development of PoC for new internal deliverables
- Deployment of those products to the corresponding team and active support/maintenance afterwards
- Development of machine learning models and algorithms
- Active participation in weekly Team meetings is expected. Adherence to the Teams' KPI's and OKR goals should be pursued.
- Degree in related field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Information Management
- Knowledge of statistics and some experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Python, SPSS, R etc) Technical familiarity with data models, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- A growth mindset is a must.
- Ability to take initiative and act under minimal supervision, where needed. At the same, equally important is the ability to work as part of a team and convey ideas efficiently to people coming from different backgrounds.
- Advanced Excel use (including programming in VBA)
- Knowledge of SaaS metrics and best practices will be considered a plus.
And here are just some of the perks you receive when you join MarineTraffic
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun environment, at a growing company
- Private medical insurance
- Attractive remuneration package
- Continuing Education and training
- Huge learning experience and room for experimentation
If you are looking for a role that is both challenging and fun, get your career on course by joining a globally recognised industry leader. Apply now.